From October 15 to 17, 2013, at the PHI Centre, the Festival du nouveau cinéma will welcome industry professionals to the third annual FNC Pro. With a content lineup that’s more diverse than ever, FNC Pro sits at the crossroads of creation, production and new technologies.
The three-day event gives professionals the chance to pool their knowledge, discuss their projects and address specific issues related to the ever-changing media landscape. Consisting of talks, case studies, round tables and networking events, FNC Pro prompts participants to exchange views, compare experiences and make connections that can lead to new working relationships.
Until September 24, the FNC Pro pass for three-day passes is avalaible at the special rate of $250 (taxes included).
As of September 25, passes will be available for $295. One-day passes to attend the day of your choice can also be purchased for $150.
For group rates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s themes and speakers are as follows:
Tuesday, October 15 – Digital tools
As distribution platforms continue to change, the habits and interests of the client user likewise evolve. Various professionals share their expertise, tools and tips for improving and revamping the user experience, both onscreen and online.
- Laurent Maisonnave (Founder and CEO, SEEVIBES)
- Trevor Doerksen (Founder and CEO, MOBOVIVO)
- Jean-Marc Juramie (Head of international projects, GROUPE CANAL+)
- Pierre-Alexandre Labelle (Co-founder, UNDER THE MILKY WAY)
- Jonathan Marlow (Co-founder, FANDOR)
- Joëlle Stemp (CEO, YU CENTRIK)
Wednesday, October 16 – Innovative content
In a context of ever-increasing content, how do you reach and retain your audience? Creators, designers and producers discuss what they’ve done to get innovative, original content noticed.
- Iranorama (case study: webdoc)
- Yann Buxeda (Journalist and interactive designer)
- Frédéric Bonnard (Head of new media, GROUPE FRANCE MÉDIAS)
- Last Room/Dépli (case study: film/interactive work)
- Pierre Carniaux (Filmmaker, photographer, actor)
- Thierry Fournier (Visual artist and curator)
- Les Jaunes (case study: webseries)
- Pascal Plante (Producer and co-founder, NEMESIS FILMS)
- Katerine Lefrançois (Producer, NEMESIS FILMS)
- Rémi Fréchette (Filmmaker and screenwriter, NEMESIS FILMS)
- Projet-M (case study: webseries)
- Eric Piccoli (Filmmaker, screenwriter and co-founder, PRODUCTIONS BABEL)
- Marco Frascarelli (Co-founder and CEO, PRODUCTIONS BABEL)
- Un été avec les kids de Larry Clark (case study: documentary webseries)
- Thomas Kimmerlin (Photographer and filmmaker)
- Marc Lustigman (Co-founder and CEO DARJEELING)
- McLaren’s Workshop (application)
- Jean-Sébastien Defoy (Marketing director, NATIONAL FILM BOARD OF CANADA)
- Roxane Girard (Director of program administration, CANADA MEDIA FUND)
- Claire Dion (Associate director, INDEPENDENT PRODUCTION FUND/BELL FUND)
- Benoit Beaudoin (New media director, TV5 and head of the FONDS TV5)
- Serge Thibaudeau (CEO, QUÉBECOR FUND)
Thursday, October 17 – Visual effects
Visual effects push the boundaries of the imagination. But are they critical to the success of today’s films? How can independent productions access them? Various professionals decode the industry’s development in Montreal.
- Antoine Le Bos (Co-founder, CROSS CHANNEL FILM LAB)
- Joséphine Derobe (Stereographer, filmmaker, screenwriter)
- Nicolas Delval (Head of production, BUF Montreal)
- Pierre Raymond (Founder, president and head of operations, HYBRIDE)
- Chris Lawrence (CG supervisor, FRAMESTORE)
- Gilles Gaillard (Managing director, MIKROS IMAGE)
- Benoit Touchette (General manager, FRAMESTORE Montreal)
- Marc A. Rousseau (CEO, VFX producer, MOKKO STUDIO)
- Jan-Fryderyk Pleszczynski (CEO, DIGITAL DIMENSION)
- Annie Normandin (VFX producer, VISION GLOBALE)